It has been an exciting year of growth, opportunity and partnerships for the Gazelle STL team, and we are gearing up for even more breakthroughs in 2018.
As we work to get a jumpstart on the year ahead, we are on the lookout for outstanding individuals as we build on our success. If you are:
*one to think outside the box
*passionate about life and work
*brave enough to speak up, share ideas and try new things
*one who has that “it” factor as a teamplayer…
…you will fit right in with our first-rate team of over-achievers who truly love what they do. Our editors have a combined 50+ years of hard and creative journalism experience. This is the fun stuff! As a fast-growing organization, we are constantly and consistency evolving. Gazelle STL is the right fit for candidates who think on their feet.
Freelance Fashion Stylist
Seasoned freelance fashion stylist with a sophisticated aesthetic to work on projects, as needed. The fashion stylist brings the Gazelle brand of sass and sophistication to life. The position has potential for growth within our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick clothing and accessories for editorial features and video projects
- Work with designers, models, photographers, hair and makeup artists, retailers, celebrities and other public figures
- Keep up with different designer labels and fashion designers for web and social media content
- Attend fashion shows and other fashion-related events
- Predict and spot fashion trends for our print magazine and gazellestl.com.
- Build professional networks
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of fashion trends, color schemes and designer labels
- Awareness of art, design and fashion history
- An understanding of different face and body shapes, and how to dress them in the most flattering way
- Possess business skills such as marketing, networking and advertising
- Able to effectively communicate with clients and the Gazelle team.
- Posses an eye for detail
- Be well-organized
- Have a passion for social media
- A minimum 2-3 years fashion editorial and styling experience.
- College degree required
Send a cover letter, resume and editorial and fashion/ styling portfolio to email@example.com, with “Fashion Stylist” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.
Account Sale Representative/Account Executive (3 Available)
We are seeking print and digital magazine account executives to join our team. You will resolve customer questions, and offer solutions to drive company revenue.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by deadline
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
- Attend all relevant networking opportunities
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to demonstrate a high level output and work ethic
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Reliable transportation
- Desire for a six figure income
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- A minimum 2 – 3 years experience of selling print and digital advertising is required
- College degree preferred
The position is initially 100% commission-based, with significant upside potential and management position potential.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Sales” as the subject header.
Freelance Photojournalist (1 Available)
A seasoned freelance photojournalist to shoot and edit weekly news and feature assignments on topics that interest and impact women. The content is primarily for gazellestl.com, with potential for print coverage. The primary role of the photojournalist is to be a visual storyteller for civic, racial, social economic and political issues impacting our community. Our goal is to positively make a difference, using a unique voice.
- Research topics to pitch to editorial staff
- Videotape, photograph, write and edit news stories and features, ensuring work is well-written, accurate and submitted on deadline
- Conduct interviews in person
- Source images to accompany written pieces
- Create and maintain a network of contacts
- Capture video and images in an authentic and ethical manner
- Attend relevant events, fairs and conferences
- Good general and current affairs knowledge
- Excellent writing and video editing skills
- A proactive approach to investigating, as well as good research skills
- Determination and persistence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You-Tube
- A minimum 2-3 years journalism experience preferred
- College degree required
Freelance compensation negotiable, in keeping with industry rates. This inaugural position has potential for growth in pay and scope of work.
Send a cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com, with “Photojournalist” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.
Freelance Entertainment Photographer*
We need an enthusiastic entertainment photographer with a strong interest in pop culture. An interest in fashion is preferred, as the photographer’s role will include shooting fashion events. The ability to be flexible is required as most events are held on weekday evenings or on weekends. You must maintain a professional and positive attitude, while you represent the Gazelle STL brand.
- Proven shooting experience, with extensive portfolio/website
- Must own their own camera/lenses.
- Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Per industry standard for freelance event photographers. Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Entertainment Photographer” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.
*This position is different from our society photographers, who cover parties, galas and major fundraisers.
Editorial and Social Media Interns (3 Available)
We are seeking fun, energetic star interns who are interested in fashion, beauty and lifestyle for spring and summer 2018 positions. Candidates will be required to be in the office approximately 20 hours per week.
WHAT OUR EDITORIAL INTERNS DO
- Research, write and post fashion, beauty and celebrity articles to gazellestl.com
- Update our social media pages
- Possibility of writing one or two articles for our print and digital magazines
- Light administrative tasks
- Strong writing, research and editing skills
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Creative, organized and pays attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines
- Enrolled in accredited college or university
- A 3.0 and above GPA is preferred
Send a cover letter, resume and three nonfiction writing samples or excerpts (no more than 500 words) to email@example.com with “Intern” as the subject header. We will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview.
This is an unpaid internship, with opportunity for compensated position after a minimum three month internship.