What’s summertime without a block party? On Saturday, July 14, The Sheldon, Pulitzer Arts Foundation and Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis are hosting a free Family Day Block Party in the heart of Grand Center.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Washington Boulevard in front of The Sheldon, Pulitzer Arts Foundation and Contemporary Art Museum will be closed to vehicular traffic and transformed for a full day of fun.
The event will include a musical showcase of young artists from around St. Louis, a DJ set by 18andCounting, Beyond Measure Dance Theater, Grupo Folkórico Panameño, St. Louis Osuwa, catered barbecue for a neighborhood picnic, the St. Louis Fire Department, an interactive art installation on the grass lot across from the Pulitzer by artists Sage Dawson and Meghan Grubb, family-friendly art activities and more!
Activities and food are free and open to the public! Parking is available throughout the Grand Center Arts District.
The schedule on July 14 includes:
- SOLID instrument activity opens in front of The Sheldon entrance
- Installation and activities by Meghan Grubb and Sage Dawson’s begin on the grass lot across from the Pulitzer
- First DJ 18andCounting’s set begins
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The Bubble Bus and its interactive bubble-making magic fills Washington Blvd.
10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- BBQ by Ruff’s Catering
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Live Performance Showcase, including HEAL Center for the Arts jazz ensembles
12 – 2 p.m.
- Louis Fire Department firetruck is open
1 – 2 p.m.
- 2nd DJ set begins
For more information, visit thesheldon.org, or call The Sheldon during normal business hours at (314) 533-9900.